Terms & Conditions
1. The NotAnotherNigerian idea hackathon is open to young people within Nigeria to explore the issues around countering violent extremism in the North Eastern part of Nigeria.
2. To enter the challenge, the entrant(s) must meet the following criteria (submission requirements) and
confirm acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Entrant’s name(s).
- Email address(es).
- Phone number(s).
- City where entrant(s) is/are based.
- Area of expertise.
- Which of the hackathon the entrant(s) will be attending.
- Application opens on 20th June 2018, and closes on 27th June, 4th July and 11th July for Abuja, Lagos and Port Harcourt hackathons respectively.
3. Following the culmination of the hackathon events, The North East Regional Initiative
(NERI) reserves the right to use text, images, and video content for display purposes at
conferences, meetings and future events without copyright or royalty restrictions.
4. Entrants will retain the rights to any intellectual property pertaining to their ideas. By entering, except
where prohibited by law, each entrant grants to (NERI) (and their agents, successors, and assigns) the irrevocable,
transferable, sublicensable, absolute right and permission to use, edit, modify, copy, reproduce, and distribute
the Bot Package (including the Bot and the Bot name) and any other Entrant Content that comprises the Entrant’s
Entry in perpetuity and in any medium (including online and in digital media) in any language, throughout the world,
for the purposes of evaluating entries, and administering and marketing this contest, including (i) announcing and
publicizing the name of each and every bot submitted and its ranking in accordance with the Judges' scores and (ii)
selecting, announcing, and publicizing each winner and its bot. However, by participating in the NotAnotherNigerian
idea hackathon and being shortlisted, NERI has the first right of refusal in the event that further investment is
required to develop the idea further.
5. Co-Creation Hub and The North East Regional Initiative (NERI) does not accept responsibility for lost,
corrupted or delayed entries as a result of any network, hardware or software failure of any kind.
6. Co-Creation Hub and The North East Regional Initiative (NERI) reserves the right to limit, or restrict upon notice,
participation in the hackathon events to any person who fails to comply with these terms and conditions.
7. Once an entry has been submitted, no further changes will be accepted.
8. The panel will select a maximum of three ideas after the pitch event from each hackathon; the panel’s decision is final.
9. The 6-9 best ideas (2-3 from each location) as selected by the judges, would have the
opportunity to receive seed grants towards completing and piloting their solutions with
support provided by CcHub through the build and launch process.
10. Each entrant agrees and undertakes not to submit any application that (i) infringes any third party proprietary,
intellectual property, industrial property, personal rights or other rights, including without limitation, copyright,
trademark, patent, trade secret or confidentiality obligation; or (ii) otherwise violates applicable law in any countries
in the world. To the maximum extent permitted by law, each entrant indemnifies and agrees to keep indemnified NERI,
its affiliates (meaning any legal entity that directly or indirectly controls, is controlled by, or under common control
with NERI, agents, directors, officers, employees, representatives and assigns harmless at all times from and against any
liability, claims, demands, losses, damages, costs and expenses resulting from any act, default or omission of the
participant and/or a breach of any warranty set forth herein.
11. In the event of any dispute, the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria shall apply.